Bitcoin meetups are probably the most iconic social activity that cryptocurrency enthusiasts engage in – apart from epic Twitter and Reddit battles. These gatherings of like-minded enthusiasts bring thousands of people together around the world. Their power to attract people transcends borders so much that enthusiasts actually look for these meetups when they fly abroad. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency fans in many cases would rather check the local crypto scene out than go into a museum or go on a guided tour of the city they are traveling to. Vertex knows this, and as a project that is deeply rooted in this sense of camaraderie and community that transcends borders, it decided to launch it very own Bitcoin meetup competition: the Battle of the Meetups!
Please Note: This is a Press Release
Battle of the Meetups Sponsored by Vertex
The Battle of the Meetups is simple. Vertex will go through all the Bitcoin meetups registered on meetup.com and will proceed to do the following:
- Select 25 meetups to sponsor.
- Sponsor those meetups throughout a period of 5 months.
- Give the selected meetups a list of criteria that Vertex will use to select the top 2 meetups over this period.
- Proceed to give the two winners an amazing prize.
Criteria to Participate in the Battle of the Meetups
The criteria that Vertex established to determine the winner in this Battle of the Meetups is also quite simple. There are 4 vectors along which meetups can score points every time they meet. At the end, a final tally will determine the 2 winners. The following is the point system:
- The meetup that accumulates the most Facebook likes since the start of the Battle of the Meetups until the end, will be awarded 3 points. The meetup with the second most likes will get 2 points and the meetup that comes in third will accumulate 1 point.
- Vertex retweets after every meetup will yield 3 points for the meetup that retweets the most, 2 points for the runner up and 1 point for third place.
- The meetup that brings Vertex the most Telegram introductions will get 3 points, with the second place getting 2 points and the third place getting 1 point.
- Attendance will allow meetups to compete on how many people they attract each time. Meetups that attract 600 participants or more, will get 3 points each time. Those that gather 400 participants at least will be rewarded with 2 points and those that bring more than 200 participants will gather 1 point.
After accumulating all these points over a period of 5 months, the Meetup organizers who win will be able to join Vertex at the Vegas Blockchain Conference in October. The winners will be announced at the Berlin Blockshow. The competition starts on June 11th and it will come to a close by the end of October 2018.
Can my Meetup Participate in the Battle of the Meetups?
To see if your meetup qualifies for the Battle of the Meetups, just make sure it complies with the following:
- It has 500 members.
- At least 30 members attended the last meetup.
- There is at least one meetup every 2 months.
To register, just send an email to [email protected] Let the Battle of the Meetups begin!
Food and Drinks are Always Welcome, but what is Vertex exactly?
Vertex is a platform that invests in ICOs. It does so at an early stage, bringing the principles of disciplined investment, funds and a proven methodology to select the strongest projects to the cryptocurrency space. The platform is headed by a team of seasoned investors that have managed multi-billion dollar companies and investments around the world. Platform users will be able to buy tokens from the most promising, vetted ICOs out there through the platform directly at a discount.
The post Vertex To Launch Its Meetup Competition Sponsoring 25 Bitcoin Meetups Around The World! appeared first on Blockonomi.